When you’re buying a home, whether it’s a beachfront condo in Port Aransas, a newly built home near the beach, or a $300,000 home on North Padre Island, you’ll want your credit score to be as high as possible—and that’s because you’ll be eligible for more competitive interest rates.
Even if you have bad credit, buying a home isn’t out of reach. However, there are a few steps you can take to boost your credit score in a relatively short period of time.
How to Improve Your Credit to Buy a Home
Improving your credit doesn’t happen overnight, and it doesn’t happen in a vacuum. You have to handle a few things to get yourself on the right path, including:
- Getting a major credit card. Many credit cards offer “secured” financing, which means if you give the card company a certain amount of money, they’ll give you a credit card with an equal limit; eventually, you’ll get your money back (and if you don’t pay your bills, they’ll keep your original deposit).
- Show steady employment by keeping the same job for at least a year.
- Hang on to your check stubs.
- Save up 10 percent—or more—of a home’s purchase price to use as a down payment.
- Never pay a bill late. Ever.
Are You Buying a Home in Port Aransas?
If you’re looking for a home in the beautiful city of Port Aransas, we’d love to help you.
Call us at 361-563-7788 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your next home. We’ll begin searching right away.
While you’re here, check out our:
You can also check out: